We strive for a broad listing of local arts, entertainment, food, and music events, but we cannot guarantee the inclusion of every event.
Event listings run in print the week before the event. Our print calendars are edited for space and content, but most listings that do not run in print go online.
Our deadline is Wednesday by 5 p.m. for publication in the following Wednesday's issue.
Event descriptions will be edited for length, clarity, and house style. Event details must be submitted correctly and in full for consideration.
Please note: we do not list classes, karaoke, book clubs, or trivia nights.
HOW TO USE OUR SUBMISSION FORM
1. Type the location in the "Venue Name" field and select the venue from the drop-down menu. If the venue is not in our system, you may create a new location.
2. Type the title of the event in the "Title" field. For art shows, this should be either the exhibit title or the artist's name (if the exhibit is untitled.) For concerts, use the band name(s). For food events, use the name of the event. For theater and dance, use the title of the show or the artist's name (if the show is untitled). For comedy, use the name of the event or the comedian's name. For readings, use the author's name. For film screenings, use the film title.
3. Choose the type of event in the "Category" field. Food and Music are self-explanatory. Art exhibits should be submitted under "Arts & Culture: Arts."
Theater, dance, and comedy should be submitted under "Arts & Culture: Stage." Readings and lectures have separate "Arts & Culture: Page" categories. All film screenings should be submitted under "Arts & Culture: Screen."
4. If your event has a single time, simply use the widget provided to enter it (feel free to omit the end time). If your event has multiple dates and/or times, either: (1) If your event recurs at the same time on multiple days, click the “Frequency” button and specify how it should repeat, or (2) If your event recurs at different times on different days, click "add more date/times" to add them.
Special note for submitting art exhibits. Please do not make separate listings for the exhibit's full run and its receptions/artist talks/other events. Make one listing for the exhibit, using step (1) above to specify the length of its run, and step (2) to specify the time and date of the reception. Repeat step (2) as necessary for multiple events. (Please note that we list specific times for events, but only start and end dates of exhibits, so there is no need to submit your gallery or museum’s business hours.
5. Enter a description of no more than thirty-five words in the “Description” field. Please stick to factual details; editorial language will be edited out. Music listings require no description. Food listings should contain the basic details of the event. Art listings should contain the artists' names and, if applicable, medium. Stage listings should specify the format (play, musical, dance, stand-up, improv, etc.) and any relevant presenter/director/playwright information. Page listings should contain the name of the book or lecture. Screen listings should specify short, feature, documentary, etc.
6. Finally, enter the price or price range of the event. Submission of a photo is welcome but not required. If there’s anything you feel we need to know that goes beyond factual details or doesn’t fit in the Description field, use the “Note to the Editor” field at the bottom.